ReToasted

Forum Addiction

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Forum Addiction

Post by Claire on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:15 am

Kizzie wrote:
Claire wrote:
Kizzie wrote:If I didn't need the internet I would log off for good.  I know many things on it are not good for me.   I'm debating on leaving DS and dogs. (do dogs delete accounts?)  same ol same ol shit day in, day out.  

I don't watch live TV or read the newspapers.  if only I could have as much control over my online activity when at home.
I don't use it or miss it when I'm out of the house, even going abroad for 3 mths didn't see me online for more than a moment or two..  but it's on all day when at home and I would like to change that.

I read on my lap top Kindle and it's tempting to read forums at the same time. I should just use my Kindle Fire.

I must admit on the days I don't come online or just for a while, I feel much better for it.   I'm so glad I left DS and dogs is hard to read properly when not logged in so I shall miss most things, then lose interest.  

I don't mind being part of a small forum like this and one where guests are not posting.  I like guest posting, but you never know who is trying to fuck with your head.

I quite like it too but I prefer this being private at the moment. Don't want a flame war with dogs.
Claire
Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:39 pm

See I said earlier I was going to read my book and I'm still here :headbang":
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodwife on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Kizzie I saw in the ds thread you had left Ds. I thought it might have been cos of the elvis stuff. Glad you have not gone for good. As for onetopic. I think when you are on forums all day and night and never spend any time with your partner or very small kids something is very wrong. Its different when they are teens/young adults they are more independent but posting on dogs at school drop off and pick up time is really bad
Goodwife
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzie on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Goodwife wrote:Kizzie I saw in the ds thread you had left Ds. I thought it might have been cos of the elvis stuff. Glad you have not gone for good.    As for onetopic. I think when you are on forums all day and night and never spend any time with your partner or very small kids something is very wrong. Its different when they are teens/young adults they are more independent but posting on dogs at school drop off and pick up time is really bad  

I just needed to get away from fast moving chat. This forum suits me as its small an not manic even when it grows its never going to be full of people who are hive-minded like DS or trolls like dogs.
Kizzie
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodwife on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:12 pm

When I first joined DS it was ok, GD was a bit rough but it was ok. Now its just awful no matter what section you post in. I sometimes look at the ds website for news but very rarely look at the forum now. Maybe its a sign of the times & forums are just changing because of the social media impact
Goodwife
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Goodwife wrote:When I first joined DS it was ok, GD was a bit rough but it was ok. Now its just awful no matter what section you post in.  I sometimes look at the ds website for news but very rarely look at the forum now.  Maybe its a sign of the times & forums are just changing because of the social media impact
Were you  BB watcher? I haven't watched for a few years because it became really shit yes some think it's always been shit. haha

Anyway, if you are a watcher. Any idea when it starts this year? I've heard it maybe the last one ever.
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 pm

Sorry off-topic really, it's just because I saw DS and thought of the BB forum.
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodwife on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:20 pm

No never watched it. Have seen an odd episode or bits of one every now and then but thats about it
Goodwife
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobs on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:34 pm

Kizzie wrote:
Goodwife wrote:Kizzie I saw in the ds thread you had left Ds. I thought it might have been cos of the elvis stuff. Glad you have not gone for good.    As for onetopic. I think when you are on forums all day and night and never spend any time with your partner or very small kids something is very wrong. Its different when they are teens/young adults they are more independent but posting on dogs at school drop off and pick up time is really bad  

I just needed to get away from fast moving chat.   This forum suits me as its small an not manic even when it grows its never going to be full of people who are hive-minded like DS or trolls like dogs.  
It disturbs me what I post on dogs sometimes. You get drawn in to the whirlpool and something happens in your mind. The next day I tell myself it's only Dean or whoever....
I wonder if they feel like that.
Cobs
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Cobs wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

I just needed to get away from fast moving chat.   This forum suits me as its small an not manic even when it grows its never going to be full of people who are hive-minded like DS or trolls like dogs.  
It disturbs me what I post on dogs sometimes. You get drawn in to the whirlpool and something happens in your mind. The next day I tell myself it's only Dean or whoever....

You have to have a conscience to feel like that.

Dean doesn't have one, he doesn't care.
Stevie
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:53 pm

I really don't understand why Dean has this almost obsession to want to be as offensive as possible and just drive people away apart from those that blindly agree with his brand of offensive hate, I just don't get it...……..

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Micky wrote:I really don't understand why Dean has this almost obsession to want to be as offensive as possible and just drive people away apart from those that blindly agree with his brand of offensive hate, I just don't get it...……..

Forum legend innit scratch
Stevie
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:20 pm

Stevie wrote:
Micky wrote:I really don't understand why Dean has this almost obsession to want to be as offensive as possible and just drive people away apart from those that blindly agree with his brand of offensive hate, I just don't get it...……..

Forum legend innit scratch

Surely you mean leg end Stevie lol and nice to meet you...... Wink

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Star on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Cobs wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

Doubtful Cobs, Dean is a super troll, and he gets his kicks from manipulating and being extremely evil.
Star
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:32 am

I had a major forum/internet addiction for many years due to health reasons. All I had was internet friends because I couldn't get out and meet real people. Did I see it like that? Heck no! Do I look back & cringe? Yeah... but it kept me alive day to day. Though I lurk forums now I don't really need them.

And yes, I do have actual friends now wink .
Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Cobs wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

Who? Dean and co?
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Squirrel Nutley wrote:
I had a major forum/internet addiction for many years due to health reasons. All I had was internet friends because I couldn't get out and meet real people. Did I see it like that? Heck no! Do I look back & cringe? Yeah... but it kept me alive day to day. Though I lurk forums now I don't really need them.

And yes, I do have actual friends now wink .

I think we have all went through phases when forums are more important than they should be. I left for three years but posted just as much on Twitter and Facebook!
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm

I’m not really addicted, it’s just something I do when I’m not doing anything else.
I still spend a lot of time with my kids and my other half. I use forums on my phone so I can pick it up and put it down in a jiff. My family always come over and above anything else I do.
NN
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:49 pm

NN wrote:I’m not really addicted, it’s just something I do when I’m not doing anything else.
I still spend a lot of time with my kids and my other half. I use forums on my phone so I can pick it up and put it down in a jiff. My family always come over and above anything else I do.

I know. I did apologise for judging you on a thread in Burnt. Sorry!
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Ah it’s ok. We all judge at some point.

I do spend a lot of time on forums. It replaced things I used to do but can’t any more. And since I stopped working full time i spend even more time twiddling my thumbs.
NN
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:58 pm

NN wrote:Ah it’s ok. We all judge at some point.

I do spend a lot of time on forums. It replaced things I used to do but can’t any more. And since I stopped working full time i spend even more time twiddling my thumbs.

Ive been off work but back tomorrow so you'll see a lot less of me during the day. It can be addictive though!
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Are you ready to be back? Sometimes I miss it, and then I have a rough day and thank my lucky stars I don’t have to deal with sick day guilt too.

I’ve had a look for burnt but can’t find it?
NN
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:53 pm

NN wrote:Are you ready to be back? Sometimes I miss it, and then I have a rough day and thank my lucky stars I don’t have to deal with sick day guilt too.

I’ve had a look for burnt but can’t find it?

I need to go back otherwise I obsess all day about my Dad!
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:30 pm

NN wrote:I’m not really addicted, it’s just something I do when I’m not doing anything else.

NN I wasn't on about you as such, it's me I wouldn't be posting while away. Does my head in as it is lol
xtras
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 pm

xtras wrote:

NN I wasn't on about you as such, it's me  I wouldn't be posting while away.  Does my head in as it is lol

Ah it’s ok. I can understand it’s not something everyone would do.

my kids always always come before everything else. My accessing the Internet is only ever done when they are doing something else. I don’t see me foruming any different to me reading a book. I can put my phone down just as easily and quickly.
NN
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next