Post by Kiki on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:39 pm

13. Theatre? Mr Green
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Re: Quizzes

Post by jp762 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:54 pm

Kiki wrote:13. Theatre? Mr Green
Tree and follows are what mainly gives it away for me...

13. Log Cabin

Hopefully Very Happy
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Murasaki on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Omg ... The a tre !

I was taking it too literally thinking about parts of a tree! head bang
Murasaki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Your answer is clever though Kiki. Could well be correct.

Very Happy
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by SF on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SF
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Nice work Kiki.

I still love a nice cozy Log Cabin though. titter
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm

SF wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

YAY!! happy

Brilliant clues SF, and some were a devil to work out. affraid lol

Thanks for that though. Nice one! thumb
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Murasaki wrote:

Omg ... The a tre !

I was taking it too literally thinking about parts of a tree! head bang

I did that...….and also tried to think of all the different types of trees there are. head bang

I don't know how many times I read the clue before finally getting it. lol
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:31 pm

jp762 wrote:
Tree and follows are what mainly gives it away for me...

13. Log Cabin

Hopefully Very Happy

Bad luck JP. flower
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am

SF wrote:I know MG said she'd put one on but she seems to be temporarily AWOL so to keep things going I'll put this on in the meantime...

I know right! Work has been added to so am not around a lot right now but it's bound to end fairly soon. I am really pissed at missing all these great quizzes though.
MG
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by SF on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:12 pm

MG wrote:
SF wrote:I know MG said she'd put one on but she seems to be temporarily AWOL so to keep things going I'll put this on in the meantime...

I know right! Work has been added to so am not around a lot right now but it's bound to end fairly soon.  I am really pissed at missing all these great quizzes though.

I wonder if anyone else feels like having a go at making one up. Cobs? Jp762?
SF
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobs on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:04 pm

SF wrote:
MG wrote:

I know right! Work has been added to so am not around a lot right now but it's bound to end fairly soon.  I am really pissed at missing all these great quizzes though.

Wouldn't know where to start to be honest, but I'll give it a go for you lot.  sunny
(Don't hold your breath)
Cobs
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:26 pm

SF wrote:
MG wrote:

Well done SF for throwing the idea out there. thumb
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Cobs wrote:
SF wrote:
MG wrote:

Wouldn't know where to start to be honest, but I'll give it a go for you lot.  sunny
(Don't hold your breath)

Mr Green

If you can manage to find the time it would be much appreciated. Smile

Plus it can be quite amusing seeing others struggle to get the answers when you know them titter

I will put another film one on tomorrow evening, just to keep us going.
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Prime on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Do it! I like these quizzes even though at times my brain starts to hurt.

Out of interest, I always wondered how Kiki and SF etc came up with these quizzes. Some of the cryptic clues are quite obscure but very clever when I see the answer.

Do you make them up yourselves? One day i shall enter my own. (but not right now). Laughing

Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by SF on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:56 am

Liberty Prime wrote:Do it! I like these quizzes even though at times my brain starts to hurt.

Out of interest, I always wondered how Kiki and SF etc came up with these quizzes. Some of the cryptic clues are quite obscure but very clever when I see the answer.

Do you make them up yourselves? One day i shall enter my own. (but not right now). Laughing

When kiki started doing these it inspired me to have a go at doing one myself. For me it's as tricky to come up with a topic, and then twenty or so answers, as it is to come up with the clues themselves. I do make them up myself.  I used to like doing cryptic crosswords, so I have that to help me. My cryptic-y stuff often consists of an anagram, or an embedded answer. When I do one of those I put a key word in the clue to tell you what to look for. So if it's an anagram then I might use a keyword like 'confused' or 'mixed-up' or 'muddled' or something similar to let you know that you the next word or words need to be rearranged to get the answer. If it's an embedded answer I might use a word like 'contains' or 'in' or 'during' as the clue. Other things I do are 'the French' might be le or la, 'the Spanish' is el, and so on. Other things are North = N, right = R, ring = O and so on.

Kiki's style is a bit different, she tends to use 'sounds like' answers more than I do. Vive la difference. I think if you're doing one of these quizzes it helps to know how the person setting the quiz is thinking but that takes a while to figure out
SF
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberty Prime on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:58 pm

SF wrote:
Liberty Prime wrote:Do it! I like these quizzes even though at times my brain starts to hurt.

When kiki started doing these it inspired me to have a go at doing one myself. For me it's as tricky to come up with a topic, and then twenty or so answers, as it is to come up with the clues themselves. I do make them up myself.  I used to like doing cryptic crosswords, so I have that to help me. My cryptic-y stuff often consists of an anagram, or an embedded answer. When I do one of those I put a key word in the clue to tell you what to look for. So if it's an anagram then I might use a keyword like 'confused' or 'mixed-up' or 'muddled' or something similar to let you know that you the next word or words need to be rearranged to get the answer. If it's an embedded answer I might use a word like 'contains' or 'in' or 'during' as the clue. Other things I do are 'the French' might be le or la, 'the Spanish' is el, and so on. Other things are North = N, right = R, ring = O and so on.

Kiki's style is a bit different, she tends to use 'sounds like' answers more than I do. Vive la difference. I think if you're doing one of these quizzes it helps to know how the person setting the quiz is thinking but that takes a while to figure out

Thanks for the reply and the explanation SF. I'm even more impressed with you and Kiki now I know you guys think these up yourselves. Interesting to see some of the thinking behind it too. Vive la difference indeed!

Long live your quizzes- they do get the old grey matter working out! thumb

Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Liberty Prime wrote:
SF wrote:

Thanks for the reply and the explanation SF. I'm even more impressed with you and Kiki now I know you guys think these up yourselves. Interesting to see some of the thinking behind it too. Vive la difference indeed!

Long live your quizzes- they do get the old grey matter working out! thumb

I have to say, I do get some inspiration online and the ones I actually starting doing the quiz thread with were already done, like the cryptic confectionery one.

It was then I started to think that maybe I could make some up.  eh

But personally I don't mind if someone wants to add one they have found, or make up their own.

It's all good fun.
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Right here are a few films which I don't think we had last time.  shifty

1.Extrasensory perception.....Sixth Sense

2.Dolly Tale

3.Could be Bonds biggest Nemesis

4.Mountain Range

5. Whilst steering car avoid flower