ReToasted

Friend Requests

Go down

Friend Requests

Post by Claire on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:37 pm

How do you cope with friend requests on face book or new followers on Twitter?

I've just accepted 15 friend requests and rejected 4.

The 15 I accepted have more than 100 mutual friends - so I assume they are either UK Labour, SNP, Green Party supporters, Scottish lefties or Yes movement members.

The 4 were people with about one or two mutual friends who weren't real friends or relatives.

With twitter I follow back people with #FBPE or #FBSI and also anyone I know who is either left wing or Pro Indy. Or people from the other sides that I have had pleasant convos with.

Claire
Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Friend Requests

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Easy.
I don't do twitter & the last friend request I had on FB was a year ago Laughing.

Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Squirrel Nutley wrote:Easy.
I don't do twitter & the last friend request I had on FB was a year ago Laughing.

My facebook has become a monster. I initially used it for friends, colleagues and family then joined political groups and started posting on political and media pages and before I knew it I have 1980 "friends". Shocked

I love twitter. I haven't posted since my dad took unwell in January but I can feel the nosiness about what's happening starting up again Very Happy
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzie on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:20 pm

I was once maxed out of FB friends. I stopped playing war games and deleted most of them. I did build them back up with fellow CTers but once again have thinned them all out. I have a few hundred followers but don't really add people anymore. My FB is open so no need to add them anyway.
Kizzie
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Star on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Last year I friended a cpl of authors on fb. Soon after all these ppl who I didn’t know wanted to be my friend. Some I accepted, some I didn’t. A cpl of weeks ago I unfriended a load. No good them being there if you never chat with them.
Star
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 pm

I'm not on Facebook or any social media sites. I couldn't be doing with updates of all and sundries breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Outings or mundane daily crap. My friends I call or meet in the flesh Very Happy

Aqua
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Aqua wrote:I'm not on Facebook or any social media sites. I couldn't be doing with updates of all and sundries breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Outings or mundane daily crap. My friends I call or meet in the flesh Very Happy

Pretty much the same for me Aqua. Although I do have a facebook account.

It was just one of those things you try, then think, Nah, it's not for me. shake head
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 pm

I've 3 face books one mainly family cricket etc .one people in forums over the years and football .then one I have for girls at work cos although I love them at work they can be wild like me Twitter i don't do it understand it the one I've forum friends I've had years and use that one and works one
Kat
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Geraldine on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:46 pm

I don't do social media.
Geraldine
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:18 pm

I went back on Twitter this morning affraid

Just one post, answered my DM's, answered the answers to my post - then back off.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Claire wrote:How do you cope with friend requests on face book or new followers on Twitter?

The 15 I accepted have more than 100 mutual friends - so I assume they are either UK Labour, SNP, Green Party supporters, Scottish lefties or Yes movement members.

The 4 were people with about one or two mutual friends who weren't real friends or relatives.

With twitter I follow back people with #FBPE or #FBSI and also anyone I know who is either left wing or Pro Indy. Or people from the other sides that I have had pleasant convos with.

Pretty similar except the exact polar opposite! Very Happy
Viper
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:34 pm

I break out in a cold sweat if my friends list exceeds 80-90. If I get friend requests and I don't know the person then I just don't accept them. My FB is full of photos and personal stuff but it's not open. Dean found it very boring when he found it as it only had one or two pictures of me and DB at the time.

If I find myself not interacting with someone on my friends list then I'll have a softly softly cull, we wouldn't miss one another if we weren't already chatting etc.
Autumn
Lightly Toasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Viper wrote:
Claire wrote:How do you cope with friend requests on face book or new followers on Twitter?

Pretty similar except the exact polar opposite! Very Happy

Ha ha. Maybe we follow each other. titter

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Autumn wrote:I break out in a cold sweat if my friends list exceeds 80-90. If I get friend requests and I don't know the person then I just don't accept them. My FB is full of photos and personal stuff but it's not open. Dean found it very boring when he found it as it only had one or two pictures of me and DB at the time.

If I find myself not interacting with someone on my friends list then I'll have a softly softly cull, we wouldn't miss one another if we weren't already chatting etc.

That's a good way to do it.

I remember when you and Melfi were raging at Dean on Toasted and I was like a keystone cop.

I had no idea he was stalking you all. Mad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Claire wrote:
Autumn wrote:I break out in a cold sweat if my friends list exceeds 80-90. If I get friend requests and I don't know the person then I just don't accept them. My FB is full of photos and personal stuff but it's not open. Dean found it very boring when he found it as it only had one or two pictures of me and DB at the time.

I remember when you and Melfi were raging at Dean on Toasted and I was like a keystone cop.

It was a little bit of a WTF Shocked moment when he confessed.
Autumn
Lightly Toasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:07 am

Autumn wrote:
Claire wrote:

It was a little bit of a WTF Shocked  moment when he confessed.

Then tried to say I knew all along!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:17 am

Claire wrote:
Autumn wrote:
Claire wrote:

It was a little bit of a WTF Shocked  moment when he confessed.

Then tried to say I knew all along!

Did he? Cheeky bugger Mr Green

To be honest, nowadays it's pretty much the norm to be stalked on FB so people wouldn't really be too surprised if it happened now.
Autumn
Lightly Toasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Murasaki on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:21 am

I only FB with friends/family who are abroad. I found that some people get offended if you don’t ‘like’ their posts often so I left that shit behind. Cba with that level of insecurity in people who are normally quite sane yet turn manic online.
Murasaki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down