ReToasted

Alesha MacPhail.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alesha MacPhail.

Post by Candice B Fureal on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:38 pm

The police investigation into the death of six year old Alesha MacPhail is continuing.

The wee girl who was from North Lanarkshire was reported missing yesterday morning and her body was found in a derelict hotel a few hours later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Alesha MacPhail.

Post by Candice B Fureal on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Wee Alesha lived in Airdrie.

Airdrie is the next town to me, Coatbridge and Airdrie border each other.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Awww bless her heart Crying or Very sad

Rest In Peace little Angel wub

Aqua
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Oh sorry thought I posted here already.

Tragic story. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully they find out what happened sooner rather than later. That'll help the Parents in a tiny way at least.
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:44 am

Wee Alesha's death is being treated as murder.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44704892

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:09 am

Poor little girl, poor family. It will rock the island and I imagine the police will have to discount the family first.

I hope for all concerned it's concluded quickly and a suspect is identified.
MG
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:50 am

God this is heart breaking. She’s the same age as my eldest. I cannot imagine how her parents are feeling.
NN
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:04 pm

This is the first murder on the Isle of Bute in more than 30 years.

Officers from the mainland have been brought in to help catch the bastard.

Police don't know if she was murdered at home or where she was found.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:06 pm

Vicks wrote:This is the first murder on the Isle of Bute in more than 30 years.

A parent's worst nightmare.
Claire
Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:This is the first murder on the Isle of Bute in more than 30 years.

A parent's worst nightmare.

It's is Claire, her parents must be going through hell.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Only 6500 folk live on the Isle of Bute, hopefully an arrest is imminent.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Apparently wee Alesha's mum found out her daughter was dead after the wee girls granny posted it on Facebook.

Her Grandmother should have waited until she had contacted Alex mother before posted about it online.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geraldine on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Was reading about this online.

I hope they catch the bastard/s.
Geraldine
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzie on Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Vicks wrote:Apparently wee Alesha's mum found out her daughter was dead after the wee girls granny posted it on Facebook.

Her Grandmother should have waited until she had contacted Alex mother before posted about it online.

That is shocking :(

I found out my uncle, nephew and dad were dead via FB and that was awful.. but to find out your child has died like that does not bear thinking about. Some people think its more important to get things out first on FB than via any other way

Kizzie
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:59 am

Kizzie wrote:
Vicks wrote:Apparently wee Alesha's mum found out her daughter was dead after the wee girls granny posted it on Facebook.

I found out my uncle, nephew and dad were dead via FB and that was awful.. but to find out your child has died like that does not bear thinking about.  Some people think its more important to get things out first  on FB than via any other way

Must have been terrible finding out your loved ones had died on Facebook Kizzie.

When my aunt died years ago her daughter in law wanted to tell everyone via Facebook.

However my cousin stopped her and said we need to phone everyone who's close first.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzie on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 am

Vicks wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

I found out my uncle, nephew and dad were dead via FB and that was awful.. but to find out your child has died like that does not bear thinking about.  Some people think its more important to get things out first  on FB than via any other way

Must have been terrible finding out your loved ones had died on Facebook Kizzie.

When my aunt died years ago her daughter in law wanted to tell everyone via Facebook.

However my cousin stopped her and said we need to phone everyone who's close first.

People don't see to think about others anymore.  I knew my beloved uncle was poorly and knew it was coming but even so.

My nephew although we did not see each other due to distance and family problems we did chat on FB.  he was 30 and people were saying on his FB  "you can do this, you're a fighter"     I asked someone to pm me what was going on and someone pm me in the morning  and said sorry he died.  

The same person told me my dad had died a few mths later she was my nephew's new GF and she knew no one would tell me so she told me.    My family still not told me officially.   My half-brother rang them from Thailand and asked why no one had been told and he was told they didn't want to say anything "as scroungers"  come out the woodwork when people die.   meaning me and my full brother.  

Honestly its very true that people reflect their own faults onto others.    if you are a lier then you think everyone lies, if you are greedy you think everyone is, if you are racist then you believe everyone is. It's very very true

Because my half-sister forgot all those times she was without and I helped her and my nephew ( the one who died)   driving 3 hours to take carloads of stuff, money toys food etc.  

she forgot the times I took her in every time her mum or others chucked her out, she forgot the money I sent for her son's funeral the letter and flowers I sent as well.  She forgot that my full brother paid for her legal dad's funeral.  She forgot all those things and so withheld the info my dad had died in case those scroungers come out the woodwork.  

Strangely she has never worked a day in her 50 years and thinks others are scroungers.   oh and my dad spunked all his money up the wall as soon as he got it, he never had anything so WTF   they had already put him in a home due to not being able to look after him.   Nowt so strange eh?

Sorry for the rant  not really spoken much about this blush
Kizzie
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 am

All that sounds awful Kizzie - families eh?

A teenage boy has been arrested in connection with the murder Crying or Very sad

Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kizzie on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:58 am

Claire wrote:All that sounds awful Kizzie - families eh?

A teenage boy has been arrested in connection with the murder Crying or Very sad

Oh, I'm glad they found them. a teen though :( Wonder what makes people do the things they do.
Kizzie
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Murasaki on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:04 am

Vicks wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

I don’t understand it either but maybe the impersonal nature of giving sad news over this medium makes it easier for some people? Rather than phoning everyone and repeating the bad news over and over.
Just trying to understand why people do it that way. scratch
Murasaki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 am

Murasaki wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

I don’t understand it either but maybe the impersonal nature of giving sad news over this medium makes it easier for some people? Rather than phoning everyone and repeating the bad news over and over.

Maybe some people do find typing out a message easier but as difficult as it is, people should still get in touch with close friends and family and tell them the news.

I know a man who found out his mother had died when he read the obituaries in the local paper.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 am

A sixteen year old boy has been arrested for Alesha's murder.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Murasaki on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 am

Vicks wrote:
Murasaki wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

Maybe some people do find typing out a message easier but as difficult as it is, people should still get in touch with close friends and family and tell them the news.

I know a man who found out his mother had died when he read the obituaries in the local paper.

I agree if they’re that close it should be more personal. That’s just adding insult to injury.
Ideally they should be told first.
I can see my sons generation sharing all their major life events online so the next generation may not think it’s so insulting to share news this way. That does feel wrong to me though.
Murasaki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Candice B Fureal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:34 am

Murasaki wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Murasaki wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Kizzie wrote:

I agree if they’re that close it should be more personal. That’s just adding insult to injury.
Ideally they should be told first.
I can see my sons generation sharing all their major life events online so the next generation may not think it’s so insulting to share news this way. That does feel wrong to me though.

I can mind reading about a murder case in England.

The lad was about 21 and the police asked for a copy of his handwriting and his parents didn't have any.

Birthday, Christmas wishes had all been sent by text or email.

It's sad to think in the future greetings cards might be a thing of the past.

You can't beat the personal touch in my opinion.

Candice B Fureal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Murasaki on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:55 am

It seems the definition of personal touch is changing Vicks.
Not in a good way. shake head
Murasaki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:29 am

When my brother died the big announcement was on Facebook. Direct family knew. Those who were there and went through it with us.
Everyone else found out on Facebook.

My parents were devestated. My dad just sat on his chair in silence, staring at the wall. My mum was a mess. We couldn’t go hunting out numbers to ring everyone individually and repeat the same thing.
I think in time gonw by you has the option of sitting on your news for a while and telling people when you are ready to. These days it’s a race against it leaking on Facebook.
NN
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next