ReToasted

Katy Price

Go down

Katy Price

Post by Claire on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:05 pm

How does she always manage to put her big foot in things?

I don't have a problem with her boy getting transport to his school. It's something that has to be provided and tbh, I would rather have a healthy child and no transport than have a child with her boy's problems.

Any thoughts?
Claire
Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Katy Price

Post by megaera on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:16 pm

I never know how I feel about her. Sometimes I think she's a massive attention seeking gobshite, and others I quite like her.

I don't have a problem with her claiming public services on behalf of her son, she pays her tax (I assume!) like the rest of us.

Also, where do you draw the line? Do you stop wealthy people using other public funded services like the NHS, schools, etc. If you say 'you're rich enough to pay' then the level of wealth at which you become denied these services will no doubt go down year after year!

megaera

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminator Lips on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Katie Price saves us lots of money because she sends all her other kids to private schools so she isn't availing herself of the state school system.
Terminator Lips
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Minj on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Do you have a motability car, Clive?
Minj

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Minj wrote:Do you have a motability car, Clive?

What does that have to do with this thread?
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 pm

megaera wrote:I never know how I feel about her. Sometimes I think she's a massive attention seeking gobshite, and others I quite like her.

I don't have a problem with her claiming public services on behalf of her son, she pays her tax (I assume!) like the rest of us.

Also, where do you draw the line? Do you stop wealthy people using other public funded services like the NHS, schools, etc. If you say 'you're rich enough to pay' then the level of wealth at which you become denied these services will no doubt go down year after year!

I feel the exact same way you do. She is not "claiming" a benefit. She is using the services that the Council have to provide to give her son an education.
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminator Lips on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:37 pm

You can't start arbitrarily saying that people can't use a tax funded service because they are wealthy. Where would it end?

Will we say to people "You can afford to buy books so you aren't allowed to use the library"?

You have to remember that those who earn £1,000,000 per year will be paying £500,000 tax. They are more entitled to take these services than others.
Terminator Lips
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Minj on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:16 am

Claire wrote:
Minj wrote:Do you have a motability car, Clive?

What does that have to do with this thread?
Just trying to tie im his views here with something he posted elsewhere on a similar point.
Minj

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 101 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 am

megaera wrote:I never know how I feel about her. Sometimes I think she's a massive attention seeking gobshite, and others I quite like her.

BIB, a bit like the level at which you have to pay 40% tax has crept down and down!

Guest 101
Lightly Toasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:24 am

Claire wrote:How does she always manage to put her big foot in things?

I don't have a problem with her boy getting transport to his school. It's something that has to be provided and tbh, I would rather have a healthy child and no transport than have a child with her boy's problems.

Any thoughts?

I agree.

I feel that Katie Price detractors are desperate to hate her over anything to be frank.

I don't see that Harvey receiving transport to school from the taxpayer is wrong if it would cost her over two thousand pounds a day. Yes of course she can afford it herself but she also pays her taxes and I see no reason for the big fuss that resulted.
Fluffy
Lightly Toasted

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Fluffy wrote:
Claire wrote:How does she always manage to put her big foot in things?

Any thoughts?

I agree.

I feel that Katie Price detractors are desperate to hate her over anything to be frank.

I don't see that Harvey receiving transport to school from the taxpayer is wrong if it would cost her over two thousand pounds a day. Yes of course she can afford it   herself but she also pays her taxes and I see no reason for the big fuss that resulted.

Agreed. It's not even a benefit. LAs have a statutory obligation to transport disabled children to their nearest suitable school. They closed Harvey's local school which is hardly her fault.

She exaggerated the cost though which is why she put her foot in it!
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down