ReToasted

Electronics & Gadgets

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Electronics & Gadgets

Post by Rockstar on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 am

NN wrote:It’ll most likely be the humidity, or maybe heat affecting connections somewhere.
Could also be the laptop itself heating up. Does it fee hot? If you download a program called Speccy it’ll tell you how hot the laptop is. Rather than sitting it on your knee, it may be better raising it up and resting on something that gives it a bit of air movement.

Urm never put it on your knee....Kills the swimmers.... affraid

To all Kind. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rockstar
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Rockstar wrote:
NN wrote:It’ll most likely be the humidity, or maybe heat affecting connections somewhere.
Could also be the laptop itself heating up. Does it fee hot? If you download a program called Speccy it’ll tell you how hot the laptop is. Rather than sitting it on your knee, it may be better raising it up and resting on something that gives it a bit of air movement.

Urm never put it on your knee....Kills the swimmers.... affraid
Not so much if you've got long legs.

And a mobile phone in your pocket will kill more of them.
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Not got any swimmers to worry about. eh

My hoover died. It won’t turn on. Looks like I’m in the market for a new one.

The kettle also died last week and I’ve still not got round to replacing it. I’m thinking now I want one that goes on the hob. I’ll have to have a gands and see if they do induction ones.
NN
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 pm

NN wrote:Not got any swimmers to worry about. eh

My hoover died. It won’t turn on. Looks like I’m in the market for a new one.

The kettle also died last week and I’ve still not got round to replacing it. I’m thinking now I want one that goes on the hob. I’ll have to have a gands and see if they do induction ones.
lol Think he meant me and guys generally, I never said I have it on my knees though. haha Just mentioned that your info and tips were welcomed.

Yeah I'm not that up on Hoovers and Kettles. I currently like VAX uprights Hoover wise though. Laughing

jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by NN on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 pm

I am looking at the shark ones. Or that other one like them that’s advertised. I can’t remember the name. I’ve had VAX up to now and they cannot cope with the pet fur and array of kid stuff that gets sucked up
NN
Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 pm

Yeah you obviously need one that's good with the pet fur and things.
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm

I don't know if you class this as a gadget, but I got fed up with struggling to get those butterfly can openers to work. So I bought one of these to try.

Just the job! thumb

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 pm

NN wrote:I am looking at the shark ones. Or that other one like them that’s advertised. I can’t remember the name. I’ve had VAX up to now and they cannot cope with the pet fur and array of kid stuff that gets sucked up

I've heard good things about the Shark range so worth looking at. Also the Dyson Animal is pretty good.
MG
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Kiki wrote:I don't know if you class this as a gadget, but I got fed up with struggling to get those butterfly can openers to work. So I bought one of these to try.

Just the job! thumb

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It counts. thumb Mr Green
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Murasaki on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 am

MG wrote:
NN wrote:I am looking at the shark ones. Or that other one like them that’s advertised. I can’t remember the name. I’ve had VAX up to now and they cannot cope with the pet fur and array of kid stuff that gets sucked up

I've heard good things about the Shark range so worth looking at.  Also the Dyson Animal is pretty good.

I have the Dyson Animal, don’t have animals just grown lads.
It has a nice long pipe that reaches to the top of the stairs too.
Murasaki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am

Murasaki wrote:
MG wrote:

I've heard good things about the Shark range so worth looking at.  Also the Dyson Animal is pretty good.

I have the Dyson Animal, don’t have animals just grown lads.
It has a nice long pipe that reaches to the top of the stairs too.

That was one of the selling points for me. When it died on me I got a miele, it's good but I miss my animal Very Happy
MG
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Just recently bought an Acer Spin 1 11.6" Touchscreen 2 in 1 laptop, it's the Intel Pentium N4200 4GB of ram aluminium metal case version £379. It is the best laptop I've had, bang for buck is outstanding. The Full HD screen is very good decent blacks and very good colours it's also very clear. Build quality is decent. Even a year a go something of this quality would have cost £600 or so, some reviews say the same thing.

I'd highly recommend this laptop to anyone who's looking for a high quality 11.6" screen laptop.
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 pm

As it happens I had to buy a new tv last weekend.

The picture went on the last one, and years ago it would have probably been a case of putting it in somewhere to be mended. But now for some reason it's just a case of...………..ok, look for a new one. eh

It was torture watching the small one brought down from the bedroom for a week though. Shocked
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by jp762 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 pm

Kiki wrote:As it happens I had to buy a new tv last weekend.

The picture went on the last one, and years ago it would have probably been a case of putting it in somewhere to be mended. But now for some reason it's just a case of...………..ok, look for a new one. eh

It was torture watching the small one brought down from the bedroom for a week though. Shocked
As a child I remember the place that you bought your TVs from also fixed the thing, if something went wrong your parents gave them a bell and some dude turned up and sorted it. It was a very rare thing that the TV couldn't be fixed.

And to think people used to watch what we now see as too small a TV as their main and only TV for years! Laughing
jp762
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:22 pm

jp762 wrote:
Kiki wrote:As it happens I had to buy a new tv last weekend.

As a child I remember the place that you bought your TVs from also fixed the thing, if something went wrong your parents gave them a bell and some dude turned up and sorted it. It was a very rare thing that the TV couldn't be fixed.

And to think people used to watch what we now see as too small a TV as their main and only TV for years! Laughing

That's true. lol

I'm not in the habit of watching tv in the bedroom. I only bought it one year to watch a celebrity big brother.

I was being kind by saving my husband having to endure it. Laughing

Still it came in handy as something to watch for a couple of days until I got a new one.
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2