ReToasted

Books you Loved as a Child/Young Person

Go down

Books you Loved as a Child/Young Person

Post by Claire on Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Enid Blyton - all of her books. Especially loved the Secret Seven. When my eldest son was four I started reading The Magic Faraway Tree and The Enchanted Wood to him. He got two chapters per night. When I was in hospital after having my youngest, the wee soul came to visit me, clutching his Enchanted Wood to get his two chapters bawl

E Nesbitt - again all books.

As I got older - Narnia series, Little House on the Prairie series and my favourite of all time - Anne of Green Gables.

Black Beauty made me love horses.

I still have my Narnia, Little House and Anne books. I also have my copy of Black Beauty full of scraps!

I have a book called "The Crown of Success" which I think my Granny got for me in a jumble sale - I still read that and my Anne books now and again.
Claire
Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Books you Loved as a Child/Young Person

Post by Kiki on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Claire wrote:Enid Blyton - all of her books. Especially loved the Secret Seven. When my eldest son was four I started reading The Magic Faraway Tree and The Enchanted Wood to him. He got two chapters per night. When I was in hospital after having my youngest, the wee soul came to visit me, clutching his Enchanted Wood to get his two chapters bawl

E Nesbitt - again all books.

As I got older - Narnia series, Little House on the Prairie series and my favourite of all time - Anne of Green Gables.

Black Beauty made me love horses.

I still have my Narnia, Little House and Anne books. I also have my copy of Black Beauty full of scraps!

I have a book called "The Crown of Success" which I think my Granny got for me in a jumble sale - I still read that and my Anne books now and again.

lol aww bless your boy when he came to visit you clutching his book. titter

It was Enid Blyton for me too, not that I can remember much about the stories now. Too long ago. shifty lol
Kiki
Burnt

Back to top Go down