ReToasted

Abba

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Abba

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:38 pm

Abba night on channel 5. I've just watched a documentary about the two women. I recommend it. thumb
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by jp762 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:40 pm

I own ABBA Gold, Greatest Hits. Sounds great on my Hi-Fi set-up.

I thought the programme was a repeat? No?
avatar
jp762
Burnt

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2018-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Kiki on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:44 pm

I can't say I was an Abba fan back when they were famous, but have to say I do appreciate their music more now.
avatar
Kiki
Burnt

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by jp762 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Kiki wrote:I can't say I was an Abba fan back when they were famous, but have to say I do appreciate their music more now.
Tbh I like about anything that sounds great on my system. Good beats and rhythms their tunes have that in abundance.
avatar
jp762
Burnt

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2018-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:48 pm

jp762 wrote:I own ABBA Gold, Greatest Hits. Sounds great on my Hi-Fi set-up.

I thought the programme was a repeat? No?

Don't know. I just watched it.
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Star on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Love ABBA and can’t wait to hear their new song
avatar
Star
Burnt

Posts : 1907
Join date : 2018-06-01
Location : On the coast

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Kiki wrote:I can't say I was an Abba fan back when they were famous, but have to say I do appreciate their music more now.

Ditto. I started to love them when the boys were small. Now, when me and my pals are drinking, we start with Abba, then go onto Dr Hook affraid funny

_________________
Toxic Influencer [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:56 pm

Dr Hook were awesome!

_________________
Known as: Pennywise
Manager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
avatar
Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Posts : 983
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Squirrel Nutley wrote:Dr Hook were awesome!

They are AMAZING. You should see me and my best pal singing all the hits Very Happy

My youngest son's girlfriend loves them too. I was like "That's it J, marry her!" cheers
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:12 pm

I tend to end up singing (though some might call it murdering) Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

_________________
Known as: Pennywise
Manager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
avatar
Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Posts : 983
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:20 pm

Squirrel Nutley wrote:I tend to end up singing (though some might call it murdering) Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

I LOVE that song.

There's a Celtic song to that tune. "I see Celtic rising, I see the Tims are on their way, I see earthquakes and lightening, I see good times today".

My son sings it when he's drunk. Very Happy

Me and my friend Willie went up to sing at a karaoke recently and we absolutely murdered "True" by Spandau. My husband said there were people who weren't even sure what we were trying to sing. Very Happy
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 pm

funny !!

_________________
Known as: Pennywise
Manager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
avatar
Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Posts : 983
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Squirrel Nutley wrote:funny !!

Some were from my work. affraid
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Kiki on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Claire wrote:
Kiki wrote:I can't say I was an Abba fan back when they were famous, but have to say I do appreciate their music more now.

Ditto. I started to love them when the boys were small. Now, when me and my pals are drinking, we start with Abba, then go onto Dr Hook affraid funny

You saying about you and your pals starting with Abba when you are drinking, made me think about my sister-in-law.

When we used to have family BQ's with a bit of Karaoke, after having had a few she could never resist getting up and singing and dancing along with S Club 7's Reach.  titter
avatar
Kiki
Burnt

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Kiki on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Forgot to say, I love Dr Hook!!! awesome
avatar
Kiki
Burnt

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Kiki wrote:Forgot to say, I love Dr Hook!!! awesome

We need a Dr Hook thread!
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Aqua on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:29 pm

I remember going to see Abba The Movie with friends at the cinema many moons ago. It was all going well, the story of their lives and how they came to be, as well as the songs they'd hits with. All of a sudden one friend seemed to become overcome with the songs and stood up and started belting one out. A friend next to her tried desperately to pull her back down into her seat, but there was no shifting her. She got into full flow.

Needless to say she wasn't very popular. I have never felt so embarrassed, she was always a very quite and reserved person. God knows what overcame her Laughing

Aqua
Well Done

Posts : 294
Join date : 2018-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Claire on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Aqua wrote:I remember going to see Abba The Movie with friends at the cinema many moons ago. It was all going well, the story of their lives and how they came to be, as well as the songs they'd hits with. All of a sudden one friend seemed to become overcome with the songs and stood up and started belting one out. A friend next to her tried desperately to pull her back down into her seat, but there was no shifting her. She got into full flow.

Needless to say she wasn't very popular. I have never felt so embarrassed, she was always a very quite and reserved person. God knows what overcame her Laughing

Drink? Very Happy
avatar
Claire
Admin

Posts : 6286
Join date : 2015-01-24

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Aqua on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Claire wrote:
Aqua wrote:I remember going to see Abba The Movie with friends at the cinema many moons ago. It was all going well, the story of their lives and how they came to be, as well as the songs they'd hits with. All of a sudden one friend seemed to become overcome with the songs and stood up and started belting one out. A friend next to her tried desperately to pull her back down into her seat, but there was no shifting her. She got into full flow.

Needless to say she wasn't very popular. I have never felt so embarrassed, she was always a very quite and reserved person. God knows what overcame her Laughing

Drink? Very Happy


No, we were still at High School lol!

Looking back it is something I often chuckle over when Abba songs come on. At the time I felt like crawling under my seat. Laughing

Aqua
Well Done

Posts : 294
Join date : 2018-06-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Kiki on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Claire wrote:
Kiki wrote:Forgot to say, I love Dr Hook!!! awesome

We need a Dr Hook thread!


lol

Well I won't be starting one. Bound to get some smart arse deciding to ask some dodgy medical question. Mr Green
avatar
Kiki
Burnt

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Kiki on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Aqua wrote:I remember going to see Abba The Movie with friends at the cinema many moons ago. It was all going well, the story of their lives and how they came to be, as well as the songs they'd hits with. All of a sudden one friend seemed to become overcome with the songs and stood up and started belting one out. A friend next to her tried desperately to pull her back down into her seat, but there was no shifting her. She got into full flow.

Needless to say she wasn't very popular. I have never felt so embarrassed, she was always a very quite and reserved person. God knows what overcame her Laughing


Laughing
avatar
Kiki
Burnt

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 pm

If only we had a jukebox thread...

awesome

_________________
Known as: Pennywise
Manager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
avatar
Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Posts : 983
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Kiki on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:34 pm

Squirrel Nutley wrote:If only we had a jukebox thread...

awesome

There is a jukebox thread above. eh lol
avatar
Kiki
Burnt

Posts : 2818
Join date : 2018-05-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by jp762 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

I've seen an ABBA tribute group before. There are loads of them though.

They were very good.
avatar
jp762
Burnt

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2018-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Squirrel Nutley on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Kiki wrote:
Squirrel Nutley wrote:If only we had a jukebox thread...

awesome

There is a jukebox thread above. eh lol

<whispering> That was the joke Laughing

_________________
Known as: Pennywise
Manager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
avatar
Squirrel Nutley
Has Topping

Posts : 983
Join date : 2018-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Abba

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum