ReToasted

Brexit........

Go down

Brexit........

Post by Micky on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 am

I voted out and would vote out again if needed...……

I don't really do politics but I'd like to hear both sides of the argument if possible...…..

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit........

Post by Kizzie on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:36 am

I voted out because of TPP

I never wanted to join the common market in the first place but we were not given the choice. I've watched our industries die over the years and silly EU rulings have destroyed the small farmers and fishing industry.

The media would have everyone believe those of us who voted out were little Englanders and no other reasons except immigration.

We have always had immigration and leaving will not make any difference to that. We need immigrants or we would go under as a nation.

I do think tho that unless you have a guaranteed job here or other very good reasons, that you should not be able to move here. There is no point adding to the homeless cities. Its awful seeing so many who come here wanting to start a new life, be on the streets. or living in awful conditions tag bed sleeping. That is no life.

Everything needs a compleat overhaul.
Kizzie
Has Topping

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am

Kizzie wrote:I voted out because of TPP    

I never wanted to join the common market in the first place but we were not given the choice.  I've watched our industries die over the years and silly EU rulings have destroyed the small farmers and fishing industry.  

The media would have everyone believe those of us who voted out were little Englanders and no other reasons except immigration.

We have always had immigration and leaving will not make any difference to that. We need immigrants or we would go under as a nation.

I do think tho that unless you have a guaranteed job here or other very good reasons, that you should not be able to move here.  There is no point adding to the homeless cities. Its awful seeing so many who come here wanting to start a new life, be on the streets.  or living in awful conditions tag bed sleeping. That is no life.

Everything needs a compleat overhaul.  

From what I've read Kizzie we could be paying into the EU for another 10 years even though we're leaving so there's definitely some dodgy dealing going on, but I think we always knew there would be, but some people are worried that we wont be able to trade anymore bcos the EU will impose punitive tariffs like that nutter Trump has, but countries all over the world are begging to do deals with us so I don't think we have to worry, and I'd even say the EU need us much more than we need them......

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am

I want back in!
Claire
Admin

http://retoasted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 am

Claire wrote:I want back in!

For it to cost us more billions that we could spend on our own people , or are u a fan of wee Nicola 'jimmy krankie' Sturgoen Claire...….

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:53 am

I think the whole referendum was based on fear and lies. Where is the NHS funding promised? I don't want to leave the EU personally. May have to move up to Scotland affraid as I do think Scotland will secure the Yes the next time around.

I don't have enough political knowledge to say if Nicola S is good or not but I like her and think she speaks well.
MG
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Micky wrote:
Claire wrote:I want back in!

For it to cost us more billions that we could spend on our own people , or are u a fan of wee Nicola 'jimmy krankie' Sturgoen Claire...….

I think calling the First Minister of Scotland "Jimmy Krankie" is pretty offensive Micky. We get money every day from the EU to spend on our own people.

My council will lose all of the ESF money and jobs will go and young people will suffer.

I'm hoping we leave the UK to save us some money then rejoin the EU.
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:47 pm

MG wrote:I think the whole referendum was based on fear and lies. Where is the NHS funding promised? I don't want to leave the EU personally. May have to move up to Scotland affraid as I do think Scotland will secure the Yes the next time around.

I don't have enough political knowledge to say if Nicola S is good or not but I like her and think she speaks well.

She's great. We have everything that's been taken away from the English and the Welsh.

We have free uni fees, EMA, free personal care for the elderly, free early learning and childcare (600 hours to increase to 1140 hours by 2020), no bedroom tax, the carer's allowance is being increased as we now have the power to to it, we have a higher living wage (£8.44), our NHS is the best in the UK and all HT's in Scotland have had an increase in their budgets and now recieve an attainment fund.

If I could I would take all that away from no voters lol!

Bear in mind that the SNP has governed Scotland for 11 years and are still the most popular party.

Move up - we have loads of room cheers
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Claire wrote:
MG wrote:I think the whole referendum was based on fear and lies. Where is the NHS funding promised? I don't want to leave the EU personally. May have to move up to Scotland affraid as I do think Scotland will secure the Yes the next time around.

She's great. We have everything that's been taken away from the English and the Welsh.

We have free uni fees, EMA, free personal care for the elderly, free early learning and childcare (600 hours to increase to 1140 hours by 2020), no bedroom tax, the carer's allowance is being increased as we now have the power to to it, we have a higher living wage (£8.44), our NHS is the best in the UK and all HT's in Scotland have had an increase in their budgets and now recieve an attainment fund.

Bear in mind that the SNP has governed Scotland for 11 years and are still the most popular party.

I'm not really into politics Claire so can you explain why Scotland gets all these freebies and who pays for them......

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Micky wrote:
Claire wrote:

I'm not really into politics Claire so can you explain why Scotland gets all these freebies and who pays for them......

Because that's what our Goverment choose to spend our money on. We have the SNP in charge - you have the tories. Our pensioners get free bus passes too - do yours?
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Oh, the Scottish Tax payers pay for them.
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Claire wrote:
Micky wrote:
Claire wrote:

Because that's what our Goverment choose to spend our money on. We have the SNP in charge - you have the tories. Our pensioners get free bus passes too - do yours?

So will these freebies stop one we leave the EU...….

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by MG on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Those are some serious perks, although they shouldn't be called perks, Claire.

Wales have it better than England. We have free prescriptions, Uni fees are halved if Welsh wherever the student studies, free if degree taken in Welsh language. We still have EMA but nothing for the elderly which disgusts me.

I was beyond shocked when Wales almost unanimously voted leave. The amount of funding we've had from the EU that we would never have got from Westminster is untrue. And the silly idiots wanted none of it!
MG
Burnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Micky wrote:
Claire wrote:
Micky wrote:
Claire wrote:

So will these freebies stop one we leave the EU...….

Well no. We'll still have the same amount of tax payers initially. Jobs will go though when the EU companies pull out of the UK so that will impact all of us.

I'm hoping we're independent before then though.
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Micky on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:17 pm

So why do want to leave the UK Claire bcos you've got the powers you wanted so surely it's better together...…..

Well Done

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:25 pm

MG wrote:Those are some serious perks, although they shouldn't be called perks, Claire.

Wales have it better than England. We have free prescriptions, Uni fees are halved if Welsh wherever the student studies, free if degree taken in Welsh language. We still have EMA but nothing for the elderly which disgusts me.

I was beyond shocked when Wales almost unanimously voted leave. The amount of funding we've had from the EU that we would never have got from Westminster is untrue.  And the silly idiots wanted none of it!

The Wales vote shocked me too. I wonder what would have happened if you voted remain? 3/4 of the union voting remain?
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Micky wrote:So why do want to leave the UK Claire bcos you've got the powers you wanted so surely it's better together...…..

No we don't have the powers we wanted. We want to be an independent country.
Claire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beckham on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:16 am

hot topic but i voted in. I think it best for long term. There needs to be unity and cohesion with the future of Europe but I don't agree with all the migrant influx at the level its currently at.
beckham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down